Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 string tuners  (Read 1433 times)
Carlos4

Ignore
« on: September 20, 2007, 07:32:46 PM »

I have a L-OV-12 I would like to change from the standard tuners that came with the guitar. Any ideas?     Thanks Carlos
Carlos4

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 08:18:58 PM »

Sorry LV-O5-12 Rough night at the firehouse!
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 11:19:53 PM »

I may be wrong but I think you just get two (2) sets of Gotoh 501s, for instance, and you're good to go.
whiskeyjack

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 06:44:18 AM »

I think there are no drop-in replacements for those tuners.  They're the same goofy ones that are on my OM-03R 12 string and I'll never understand why Larrivee & Martin continue to use them.  They're very inconsistent.

Gotoh makes a minnie tuner that 'almost' fits but the anchor hole for the screw isn't right.  I was considering just plugging the old holes and retro-fitting. . . .and I might do it this winter.

whiskeyjack:  Perisoreus canadensis.  aka, gray jay, whiskey jay, whiskeyjack or timber jay.   A small, friendly bird of the northern coniferous forest.
Carlos4

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 04:48:47 PM »

Whiskey are the holes to small or to large on the mini tuners for the existing holes on the 12? Thanks again     bowdown
whiskeyjack

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 01:33:07 PM »

The holes for the tuner posts are fine (with the bushing).  It's the screw holes that don't line up.

whiskeyjack:  Perisoreus canadensis.  aka, gray jay, whiskey jay, whiskeyjack or timber jay.   A small, friendly bird of the northern coniferous forest.
Carlos4

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 07:57:31 PM »

Thanks Whiskey, Are you talking the Gotoh's mini 501's?  I know Grover and Shaller make mini's also for 12's
whiskeyjack

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 12:57:36 AM »

They were these one's I'm pretty sure. http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Gotoh_Schaller-style_Knob_Tuners.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: