12 string tuners

Started by Carlos4, September 20, 2007, 02:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have a L-OV-12 I would like to change from the standard tuners that came with the guitar. Any ideas?     Thanks Carlos

Sorry LV-O5-12 Rough night at the firehouse!

I may be wrong but I think you just get two (2) sets of Gotoh 501s, for instance, and you're good to go.

I think there are no drop-in replacements for those tuners.  They're the same goofy ones that are on my OM-03R 12 string and I'll never understand why Larrivee & Martin continue to use them.  They're very inconsistent.

Gotoh makes a minnie tuner that 'almost' fits but the anchor hole for the screw isn't right.  I was considering just plugging the old holes and retro-fitting. . . .and I might do it this winter.
Larrivee OM-03R-12 string + IMix external
Martin 000-15S + IMix internal
Martin OM-16GTE + Fishman Matrix
Gretch 5120
Fender Squires - Tele & Strat

whiskeyjack:  Perisoreus canadensis.  aka, gray jay, whiskey jay, whiskeyjack or timber jay.   A small, friendly bird of the northern coniferous forest.

:wave       Whiskey are the holes to small or to large on the mini tuners for the existing holes on the 12? Thanks again     :bowdown:

The holes for the tuner posts are fine (with the bushing).  It's the screw holes that don't line up.
Gretch 5120

whiskeyjack:  Perisoreus canadensis.  aka, gray jay, whiskey jay, whiskeyjack or timber jay.   A small, friendly bird of the northern coniferous forest.

Thanks Whiskey, Are you talking the Gotoh's mini 501's?  I know Grover and Shaller make mini's also for 12's

Gretch 5120