Costco is now selling Martins !

Started by Tony Burns, September 07, 2007, 05:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"IMHO, I believe that Costco is arguably a better corporate citizen than Walmart (Sams Club). Whether or not that translates to a 'class act' is certainly up for debate."

Is it Moi or are musicians horribly naive...Costgo better than Walmart  LOL   yeah and a Big Mac is better for you than a 1/4 pounder.GEEZ.  Let debate LOL.

Quote from: zeebee on November 12, 2007, 12:00:33 PM
"IMHO, I believe that Costco is arguably a better corporate citizen than Walmart (Sams Club). Whether or not that translates to a 'class act' is certainly up for debate."

Is it Moi or are musicians horribly naive...Costgo better than Walmart  LOL   yeah and a Big Mac is better for you than a 1/4 pounder.GEEZ.  Let debate LOL.
welcome to the forum, zeebee  :bowdown:

Quote from: zeebee on November 12, 2007, 12:00:33 PM

It's you.   :tongue: 

Does it matter where you buy it? I don't think that the guitar cared where it was going to end up being sold when it was built!
Pleased to own OM-10MR, OM-50TSB, JCL, L-09LE

LarryDelux, You do make a good point.  It's interesting to ponder how different American music might be if there had never been a Sears & Roebuck. 

One difference historically, might be that Sears and Wards brought 'plenty' to people living in relative 'scarcity'.   Today, the 'big box' phenomenon seems to bring 'excess' to people living with relative 'superfluity'. 

I don't know if there's a right or wrong here, but personally, I consider the overwhelming dominance of national chains rather depressing.  "Chains" can pull a great massive weight, but they also bind up and enslave. 

Piscator 
Larrivee OM3R
Larrivee Rosewood Parlor

I don't really know what's right or wrong either, Piscator, I just threw the thought out there for folks to ponder. One thing is for sure. If Costco does not sell them relatively quickly, they will not sell them again. It is probably an overstock from some dealers or ex dealers that they are picking up, so it may be a one time thing anyway. I don't really know. Would I buy one there? Perhaps definitely maybe probably not, almost certainly hard to say for sure I think. :?

Quote from: LarryDelux on November 26, 2007, 10:18:42 PM
Would I buy one there? Perhaps definitely maybe probably not, almost certainly hard to say for sure I think. :?

Another absolutely profound statement.  I'm constantly being amazed with this thread!  :humour:

:laughin: yep