Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ca Guitars  (Read 1994 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2003, 07:58:24 PM »

PLayed a CA Carbon fiber guitar yesterday.It was brought in by an up and coming country artist named Donovan Chapman.Real neat faux guitar,it had a curved back and the neck and body back are all molded at the same time,then the top is installed.Let me state here it ISNOT a Rainsong,thuo it's built out of the same basic stuff the guitar had a bracing system that helped it to have NO DEAD SPOTS AT ALL.You can read about them here.caguitars.com.
review is as follows,nice neck feel not to small had no truss rod{I wish it did},a little to much relief for me.Very responcive with a nice clear and balanced tone.Please read for yourself the details on there site.Also they are not as pricey as the Rainsong. :rolleyes:  

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
GIGGLER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 09:20:08 PM »

I wonder if somewhere in the future a wood guitar will be a rarity? [/size][/font]  :unsure:  

Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 01:23:21 AM »

I don't think so.All the composite guitar companies that I've checked out don't feel they need truss rods,it will be there down fall.Even though I think we will be carring them.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
sc morris

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 05:59:40 AM »

I don't think so.All the composite guitar companies that I've checked out don't feel they need truss rods,it will be there down fall.Even though I think we will be carring them.
if it's composite, which is stronger than steal, then why would they need a truss rod?  i'm not a guitar maker or an expert, but it makes sense to me... <_<  

"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western
Tony Capri

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 02:20:59 PM »

Had an opportunity to try & listen to a dred model back in Oct. Sounded very pleasant. A little thin perhaps, but no harsh highs.

But my money's on the latter opinion - that all wood guitars will most likely become more rare in the next 50 years, perhaps in less time. Govts. will be forced to put total bans on the use of wood for such purposes, I would think, and the market I think will fall in line - it always does. There'll always be the folks who have to have certain things, but I think the gerenal consuming public will see it as business as usual. Besides, they'll do all kind of flashy things with their designs that will wow the kids <G>.

Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 05:01:05 PM »

It may be stronger then steel but it still warp's and should be adjustable.
It my be so in time that all we have is syntetic everthing......

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 03:03:19 AM »

That would be sad. I love the look, smell and feel of good wood.

Deb

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: