I Bought A Shubb

Started by mnewton, June 17, 2004, 03:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I just got rid of my Kyser Quick Change and bought a Shubb capo.  So far I like it much better.  The guitar seems to stay in tune both during and after use.

Anyway, just thought I would share how much I liked it.  

I love the schubb as well.  Much nicer than the Kyser and more accurate in intonation etc.
Mike <><

I have both a Kyser and a Shubb.

I tend to use the Shubb with my Stratocaster (are we allowed to talk about that here?) and the Kyser on my L-03-E.

I think I discovered a 'secret' for keeping intonation as good as possible on both guitars, but someone else probably has already talked about this at length.

What would cause intonation issues when capoing?  Well, it's string tension.  I tried putting the capo all along the fret and I get the best results when the rubber pad is actually resting a little bit right on the fret wire.  This is true with both capos on both guitars.  It's just enough tension on the strings to fret them, but not enough to put them out of tune like when you put the capo somewhere in the middle of the fret, or just behind the fretwire.

-Scott
2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF
???? Mitchell MDJ-10 3/4 scale dread
???? Squier Danocaster

My Sound Cloud

QuoteI have both a Kyser and a Shubb.

I tend to use the Shubb with my Stratocaster (are we allowed to talk about that here?) and the Kyser on my L-03-E.

I think I discovered a 'secret' for keeping intonation as good as possible on both guitars, but someone else probably has already talked about this at length.

What would cause intonation issues when capoing?  Well, it's string tension.  I tried putting the capo all along the fret and I get the best results when the rubber pad is actually resting a little bit right on the fret wire.  This is true with both capos on both guitars.  It's just enough tension on the strings to fret them, but not enough to put them out of tune like when you put the capo somewhere in the middle of the fret, or just behind the fretwire.

-Scott
That's what I do with my Kyser as well.  

I like my Kyser except on certain chords (like F or 1st position B7) it gets in the way.  Any suggestions for a good low-profile capo?

Marty

Larrivee D-03R with LR Baggs iBeam
Fender Stratocaster
Seagull MJM6 cedar-top cutaway