Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LSV-11 dates amnd quantities  (Read 654 times)
zwrdl

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2007, 09:29:05 PM »

Does anyone know what year the LSV-11 was first offered and how many of them have been produced to date?
Tony Burns

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:48:28 AM »

This is just a guess , But i think they introduced them in 2005 (in limited numbers ) - Quanties of manufacture is not something manufacturers want to discuss - They want you to feel that what you have is special and limited to so many - but in reality when they sell well they make more of one model over another to meet demand- They also eliminated most of their cutaway options on other models  in 2007 - i think because their trying to push the LSV-11 , personnaly i think the sound of the OMv60 is a L style killer - I think its tone is cleaner and brighter ( but the L is  slighly louder )- but Jean Larrivee would probably disagree because the L model is his Baby and one of his oldest models ! 
zwrdl

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 03:42:56 AM »

Well, I've not played the OM, so I can't compare it to  the LSV,  but I will say that the LSV is very sensitive to which strings it wears.  Right now I've got GHS Lawrence Jubal Signature Phosphor Bronze 12-54s on it, and until I tried those , the guitar just wouldn't sing.  Oddly enough, the PB strings make it sound much more bright than any of the supposedly brighter 80/20s I've tried so far.  Go figure.

I'm going to try some DR Sunbeams or Rares next, not sure which, (the difference is round versus hexagonal cores, and that's way past my understanding of how a string operates) because supposedly they have less tension and more mass per given gauge, which, with a short scale guitar, is a good thing.

Thing is, the guitar is only a few months old, and it keeps changing its voice (for the better) on a weekly basis, so I have a feeling I'm going to be going through a lot of strings before I find the ideal.  After the DRs come the Martin SP fingerstyles, also a lower tension PB string, and new to the Martin line.  If you have any suggestions about strings,I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks for your reply.

~Z
CF Larrivee

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 03:37:57 PM »

ZWRDL ...

I agree with you about the LSV-11 and strings. Right now, I have a set of Martin Fingerstyle P. Bronze mediums on it and these sound pretty good. I've had the guitar four months now and it is GRADUALLY cracking out of its shell. Before the Martins, I tried a set of Dean Markley Alchemy Gold P. Bronze mediums and they sounded awful on this guitar. Took them off and put them on a D-03RE and they sounded impressive! So, you're right on about the LSV-11 being very sensitive with strings. I want to try a set of Newtones on it next. I have tried DR Sunbeams and love the sound, but have had bad luck with intonation problems with most sets that I have purchased, so i won't buy them anymore. I have been keeping the LSV-11 in DADGAD, where this guitar seems to shine. I have a gut feeling that this guitar will never be a very loud instrument, but sounds quite beautifuil when played lightly and never pushed.

"The hardest thing in this world .... is to live in it." - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: