Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ART Tube MP Studio Mic Preamp  (Read 737 times)
silverscottio

Ignore
« on: August 23, 2007, 04:00:06 PM »

Im pretty much a hobbyist guitar player, but i write a lot of songs, occasionally lead worship at my church and play in small venues through either an amp or pa and im looking for an affordable way to record acoustic guitar and/or vocals into my mac book (using garage band).  Would the ART Tube MP Studio Mic Preamp be a good solution for me?  It does not have a USB port so i guess id also have to buy a U-control USB to connect it to my computer so in the end id be spending somewhere around $60.  Would the ART Tube MP Studio Mic Preamp work well to run an acoustic guitar through or just a mic?  Thanks.
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 04:33:50 PM »

The ART Tube Pre can be used for vocal or guitar. At the price they are a nice little addition to any audio tool box, especially for impedance matching or "flavour".

They are Ok for the price, but don't expect them to have "that" tube sound. Being a starved plate design, they add distortion, but very little in the way of third oder harmonics (the "Oh MY God" in true high voltage boutique tube designs).

Ron

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: