Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will this work?  (Read 593 times)
Skip Ellis

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2007, 02:21:20 AM »

For you recording gurus out there: I have a non-invasive Baggs (I think) pickup in my newly acquired 2006 D-18VS. I'd like to run this pickup into 1 channel of one of the new 6 channel Alesis mixers and an SM-57 placed at an optimal position into a 2nd channel, adding a tad of reverb or chorus from the board, then through an Alesis limiter, then routing via USB to my hard drive. I have a choice of an older version of PG's Power Tracks or Cubase SE as recording software. Does this sound like a viable setup? It seems to me that the newer boards with the built-in effects would be just the ticket to get rid of a bunch of outboard gear (actually, one of these boards also has a built in limiter).
2.) Is there a unit available that will convert a line out preamp/compressor signal to something USB compatible? I'm thinking that a multi-input converter of some sort could take the signals from a couple of preamp/compressor units (brand of choice), route to the recording software, then tweak with plug-ins. I know there's probably a gazillion ways to do this but I'm lookig for something fairly simple that would cover the bases. Thanks for your input!
Skip
jeremy3220
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 02:25:52 PM »

"Is there a unit available that will convert a line out preamp/compressor signal to something USB compatible?"

Yes, most any USB audio interface(soundcard) will do that. However you probably don't want all those effects being recorded. You won't be able to adjust them later.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: