Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New iMac and recording setup (software)  (Read 578 times)
Johnny M
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:12:23 AM »

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, my powerbook is on it's last leg and I had to spring for a new computer - good in one sense, but I had to put off buying a twelve string ... I bought a new iMac and a Blue Snowball mic (usb) and was wondering what software would be best to use for recording. The computer comes with GarageBand, but was wondering if anyone uses different software that they like and would recommend. Basically I am looking for something that can add "effects" ~ reverb, chorus, etc... what would you recommend? Is Logic Express any good?

The good news out of all of this is that I will be able to upload some of the tunes I have been working on and hopefully get some feedback from you guys/gals.

Thanks
John

...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 12:00:09 PM »

I bought Line 6's Riff Works software and I love it.  It is simple to use and can add effects before you record, or after.  Before you record, you have access to an full array of effects pedals.  There are more options before you record, but after you can add chorus, reverb, delay...you can balance it, add or reduce the volume.  All can be done at the track level.  There are a lot of features.  It also comes out of the box w/ several (maybe 100 but I never counted) different configurations of guitars and amps to model different tones.  And you can subscribe to the online service to download entire songs or songs without the guitar, kind of like kareoki for the guitar player.  Sorry to hear about your computer.

http://line6.com/rifftracker/   

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 01:12:03 AM »

Garageband has everything you need to get started, including a fairly full suite of effects.  Try it before you get anything else.  It's free and quite capable.

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: