Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polishing satin finish on Epiphone Masterbilts  (Read 884 times)
AF_ONE

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »

Hi Folks, I've used the Orsino method on several Larrivee's, but now have a gorgeous and flawless (unusual?)EF500RA and I mean flawless.  The sound is to die for--this is for sure a keeper, but I would like to give it the treatment.  Anyone know if it will work on the Epi satin finish?  smae as LArrivee?  Sure don't want to create a flaw.
Thanks
dgrose

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 06:37:02 PM »

I've used the Orsino method on several Larrivee's, but now have a gorgeous and flawless (unusual?)EF500RA and I mean flawless.  The sound is to die for--this is for sure a keeper, but I would like to give it the treatment.  Anyone know if it will work on the Epi satin finish?  smae as LArrivee?  Sure don't want to create a flaw.

I've done 3 Larrivees with fab results, and 2 Martins. One of the Martins fared better than the other. The mahogany on my 000 is very open-pored and not as flat and filled as the other so the process was not as noticeable - no harm, but no big improvement either. Best bet is probably go slow and gentle and do a small test area on the back. Best of luck with it.

dg

stuco

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 06:08:00 AM »

afro

I've polished a larrivee, a yamaha and an epi masterbuilt.  The epi seemed to buff out the easiest out of all three.  I did the top/back/sides/neck/headstock all to a beautiful full gloss finish(or very close to it)
didymus21
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 02:06:05 AM »

afro

I've polished a larrivee, a yamaha and an epi masterbuilt.  The epi seemed to buff out the easiest out of all three.  I did the top/back/sides/neck/headstock all to a beautiful full gloss finish(or very close to it)

Can you link a picture of your epi?

Mcilroy A30C, 2005
Yamaha FG-512, 1978
Larrivee LV-05E, 2005

Previously Owned:
Larrivee L-10 Special Edition, 2002
Larrivee Classical, 1977
Larrivee P-09
Larrivee OM-05 custom
Larrivee OM-03
Larrivee D-03R, 1997
SteveO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 02:25:34 AM »

You can go to Tom's (orsino's) Web Site I believe there are pictures there...

http://www.tomyoungguitar.com/OrsinoizingPage.html

" It's all about the Journey "

Proud Member:
"I Ain't Go'n Down That Road Feelin Bad No More" Society
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: