Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just got "Mabelle" back from my tech guy...  (Read 937 times)
saintandsinnerguy

Ignore
« on: July 28, 2007, 03:30:27 AM »

I sent Mabelle off to my luthier to get a mammoth ivory nut and saddle installed and to get crack glued (didn't do the gluing because the crack is so tight right now....going to wait).

All I can say is WOW!!!  My tech guy (Marty who works at the Podium in Minneapolis is an amazing guy!) did fantastic work on her and even spent a little time dressing the frets and setting her up perfect for fingerstyle.  Now my little parlor-01 really sings.  In fact, I would put her against anyone's parlor or 00.  She sounds so full and warm now.  The mammoth ivory really warmed her up (he advised that over the FWI nut and saddle as the mammoth isn't fossilized and thus not as bright), and the black buffalo horn pins I got from Bob Colosi sound and look amazing.  I will try to post some pictures of her.....just wish I could post some sound bites.  Marty said that he hasn't heard a parlor like her, and he's heard and worked on a lot of guitars.  He was quite impressed.  All I can say is when I played her today, it literally took my breath away.  She is now twice the guitar she was before! 

Larrivee D-03 MT (2005)  "Dixie"
Larrivee Mahogany Parlor-01 (unbound 2000)  "Mabelle"
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 06:09:00 AM »

Don't hold back S&Sguy, what do you really think of her ?   
Sounds like you've got a real love affair going with your P-01.   Congratulations. It's great when a plan comes together.   I guess the few simple mod's you made to her really paid off for you.  At seven years old she should be really coming into her own now anyhow.  I'm very pleased for you.   Yes, pictures are in order get 'em up.

saintandsinnerguy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 03:57:23 PM »

Don't hold back S&Sguy, what do you really think of her ?   
Sounds like you've got a real love affair going with your P-01.   Congratulations. It's great when a plan comes together.   I guess the few simple mod's you made to her really paid off for you.  At seven years old she should be really coming into her own now anyhow.  I'm very pleased for you.   Yes, pictures are in order get 'em up.

Yeah, I have to admit it may be a little unhealthy. bigrin  3 years ago I had a satin rosewood parlor-03....that was nice, but this little unbound parlor blows that one out of the water, and my wife's maple doesn't hold a candle to it either.....and her's is pretty nice.  I just feel like I found a real gem in this little parlor.  I bought it off of a local guy (from this forum actually) and count my blessings for finding such a nice example of Larrivee quality, and with the simple appointments that I really love (as you have already guessed, I love the plain-jane Larrivee's....unbound prefered).

Larrivee D-03 MT (2005)  "Dixie"
Larrivee Mahogany Parlor-01 (unbound 2000)  "Mabelle"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: