Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how often do you change your strings?  (Read 1885 times)
Bcause

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 10:56:28 PM »

Those are my favorites also.

Deb

Count me in too, I just started using the Alchemy strings on my Larrivee and Taylor and they sound great.  I've had them on the Taylor for two months now and going strong. 

I do prefer though D'Addario's on my Breedloves.   They last about 2-3 months for me.
skinny

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 04:03:30 PM »

Just yesterday I changed the Cleartone strings my L-09 shipped with.  I thought they sounded too metallic sounding and I had the local shop put DR Sunbeams on there.  I think that was a mistake. I knew it wasnt good when after it was done the low E was making a dull, thumping sound.  After checking he found that the end of the string was unraveling!  Now I went with DR Sunbeams because there was so much praise for them on the Internet.  I have never heard of that happening befor lesson learned.  Plus, I am not really happy with the way they sound. $6 down the drain.  What do you guys brings out the best sound with your L-03/L-09s?
woodruff

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 08:17:45 PM »

i like to change strings, and get itchy to do it every 2 weeks. i find the d'addario strings sound their best around day 10, and last a few more days sounding this way, and then i change them out. i got some nice PB 12s on my wally right now, but i think i will go back to the 80/20 bronze(brass) next. they are cheaper too. i find the walnut to be kind of dark.

Woody

2006 L-03-WL
1963 Martin 0-16NY(wife's)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: