Help Mystery Buzz

Started by love2play21, July 09, 2007, 12:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So I have been using DR "rare" mediums on my L-09 for almost a year now.  I broke a string and it was about time to change them all so I did and put on another set of my usual DR "rare" mediums.  Well now the strings have a horrible buzz  :crying:on almost every fret! I'm at a loss for words as to whats going on. I had a gig last night and usually after an hour or so of playing they break right in and that's what I was hoping that when the strings break in the buzz would leave but it didn't.  Any ideas as to whats going on? bad set of strings, why would I need another set up, the guitar was set up for these specific strings already?  :?

When was it last set up?  It makes sense to get a set-up roughly once a year, because of the effects of climate and time.  There aren't many guitars that you can set up once and forget about it.

D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

The first thing that I would do is to check whether you accidently put on a different guage of strings during that string change.  It's not likely, but could explain why you are getting that buzz, if the tension on the neck has changed as a result of a lighter (or heavier?) guage string...

jimmy

Oh, Nevermind.  I thought this was a discussion about the 70's!!! :whistling: :wink: :bgrin: