Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for D-03BW  (Read 619 times)
nova_hessy

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2007, 03:05:29 PM »

So I am new hear...just picking up my first Larrivee.  It's a D-03BW and I am looking to put a pick-up in it and need advice.  I need something that can handle being out front in a rock driven Worship band at Church, but also in a coffee house setting and still sounds real.  I have heard great things about the i-mix but wanted to get some opinions.  Help me out here:)  Are there any dealers that you recommend that have great prices?  How hard is it to install a pick-up?  Also, active or passive?  Thanks all. 
nova_hessy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 03:07:16 PM »

Of...forgot to say that very rarely will I be playing through an amp.  Mostly right through a PA.  Para DI perhaps?
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 11:52:02 PM »

I played in the exact situations that you listed for many years using the very same guitar.  The pickup that I use is a K&K Pure Western (not the mini).  I've played it straight into the house, through nice DI's, through cheap DI's, and through acoustic amps.  I've not found a situation where it did not sound incredible and exceed my expectations.  My favorite situation was when I'd go straight into the house using a decent DI and a good soundman.  Hard to beat that combination.  Highly recommend K&K.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: