Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doyle Dykes in Concert  (Read 455 times)
jimmy buffett

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2007, 07:59:44 PM »

Last Friday, Doyle Dykes performed for the Toronto Fingerstyle Guitar Association.  I had not heard Doyle before, and knew him only as a guy who perfromed clinics for Taylor Guitars.  While I knew from my friends that he would put on a good show, I had no idea what we were in for.

Let's just say that if D.D. ever performs in your community, do not miss the opportunity to hear what that man can do with a guitar.  Pretty much everyone in the audience was a player, and  I can tell you that I saw a few jaws drop as he put that guitar through it's paces. An amazing performance by a guy who knows how to connect with his audience.  He treated us to many different playing styles, and had everyone's attention for a full 2 hours.

An added treat was the presence of his daughter Haily, who joined him on several songs.  She plays mandolin and can sing like nobody's business.  A wonderful complement to her father's music.  Haily is carving out a career of her own, and it was a pleasure to hear her for the first time.

Come on back any time Doyle, and thanks to Randy Finney and the TFGA for arranging this event.

jimmy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: