Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God bless Luthiers...  (Read 638 times)
rbrown

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2007, 02:33:39 AM »

I have played (off and on for 40+ years).  I LOVE guitars .  I mostly took the construction of the guitar for granted.  I relied on on tested reputation  (when I started it was Martin, Gibson) and wanting that sound.  I never asked about the infrastructure of the guitar (i.e. bracing, neck joint, glues, kerfling, purfling and on and on).

I am almost finished reading GUITARMAKING  by Cumpliano and Natelson.  My Lord, how that has changed my appreciation of our beloved guitar and it's builder!!! bowdown

It is AMAZING. I have a friend named Don Musser.  Some of you might recognize the name.  G**gle it some time.  He is a  fine luthier.  I had the opportunity to hang out in his workshop and watch him work magic.  HANDmade from top to bottom.

O.K. the point is primarily a salute  bowdown to the pioneers who have created the endless palatte of possibilities we as players have as our vision.

Luthier's producing Luthier's producing Luthier's....  Learning from masters, and having a new path.

I will, baring that RICH Unknown relative never be able to afford a truely CUSTOM guitar.  OH WELL, with companies like Larrivee and Taylor  us "poor" people can own formidible instruments.

I've come full circle...Thank you Luthiers  bowdown bowdown bowdown

Larrivee 000-50TSB (on the way!!!!)
2007 Simon Fay Prototype (WR Cedar/Claro Walnut)
2005 Martin OM-21
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: