Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zorb-It vs. Humidipak?  (Read 1065 times)
imwjl

Ignore
« on: June 11, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »

Anybody try the less expensive Zorb-It or even the Humidipak sold my Planet Waves? I know there were humidy control products available for industrial use and came across the Zorb-It site.

http://www.zorb-it.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=6
http://www.planetwaves.com/pwhumidity.aspx

I can't get my wife to use the air conditioner as much as I'd like, and I tire of schlepping my guitars to and from the dehumidifier in the basement.

Any suggestions for desiccants on the cheap?

Thanks for any opinions or input here.
mikew

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 08:42:30 PM »

Hello, I have been using the Zorb-it now for the past two summers. I like the product, I use two 4x4" pads in the case
of my D-03R. It keeps the inside case humidity below 60 %. Later in the summer the pads seem to max out and not work as well. I "dry" them out by rotating them in our computer room at work- 40 % humidity. This seems to keep them more active. I don't use an external  dehumidifier.or have AC - as I live in upstate NY, but summer gets, sticky. I take them out in the winter and use a dampit. They are reusable- like a desiccant but a different formula. I may buy a third pad this year, to always keep one "fresh",and rotate out. They don't cost much and the folks at Zorb-it are great to work with. 

Mike     
imwjl

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 12:31:57 AM »

Hello, I have been using the Zorb-it now for the past two summers. I like the product, I use two 4x4" pads in the case
of my D-03R. It keeps the inside case humidity below 60 %. Later in the summer the pads seem to max out and not work as well. I "dry" them out by rotating them in our computer room at work- 40 % humidity. This seems to keep them more active. I don't use an external  dehumidifier.or have AC - as I live in upstate NY, but summer gets, sticky. I take them out in the winter and use a dampit. They are reusable- like a desiccant but a different formula. I may buy a third pad this year, to always keep one "fresh",and rotate out. They don't cost much and the folks at Zorb-it are great to work with. 

Mike     

Thanks.

I don't want to fight with my wife over turning the AC, and I placed an order today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: