Roy Book Binder In Concert

Started by play4him, June 06, 2004, 05:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I got to see an Acoustic Blues gem last night. I traveled down to Oklahoma City to see Roy Book Binder in concert. For those who don't know him, he's an amazing guy to catch. He spent a lot of time with Rev. Gary Davis & Pink Anderson back in the 60's. Not only an excellent player, but a great storyteller, as well as comedian.
 He's like a walking blues historian. He shared songs ranging from Robert Johnson to Blind Blake. What a great time.
 The venue was a small place that held maybe 70-80 people called "The Blue Door". It was a great setting to see Roy in. The crowd truly appreciated his talent, and he truly appreciated the response.
 If you get the chance, you should definitely make the effort to see him. You won't regret it !
play4Him

( @ )===:::

Here's a couple of pictures from his concert last night. I'm sorry the quality didn't turn out better. The last picture is of Roy & us together.

We had a great time talking to him & his wife about their travels, as well as memories of Rev. Gary Davis.

play4Him

I love the photos. The concert ones look really cool.
Sounds like a great time.
Who do the other two mugs belong to in the last photo?

QuoteI love the photos. The concert ones look really cool.
Sounds like a great time.
Who do the other two mugs belong to in the last photo?
That's me on the left & a friend of mine, who introduced me to Roy Book Binder music about 2 years ago. It was the first time we had seen Roy live, so it was worth the 2 hour drive !
play4Him

I'll bet he's just super. i hope to get a chance to see him perform. Is he playing a Nick Lucas?
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

I do believe one of the guitars he played was the Nick Lucas. He talked about working with Gibson to create a "Roy Book Binder" model. He said to keep an eye out for infomation on his site.
play4Him