Your favorite Capo

Started by ElJefe, May 27, 2007, 09:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I seem to be in the minority here. I'm using the old standard Keyser Quick Capo. No new fangled widgets or next generation creations. Simple spring action, quick to place, quick to remove, no screwing or unscrewing, tightening or sliding, etc. I've had them for years and I don't think I can ever remember them failing me. The only thing I have to remember is to not use the 12 string capo on the 6 string guitars since it has a different fretboard radius.

I've thought about trying some of the newer Capo versions. But the Keyser is so quick to place and easy to remove, I haven't found the need to go to something that would take any longer than a simple grab to change out. Looks like I've actually become my father... too set in my ways to like change... Aaaahhhhhggg!!! :crying:
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

Caught a sale last night and picked up a Planet Wave NS capo. Very nicely engineered. Very light. I like it. Let's see if holds up. Also bought a Boss DD3. Nice unit.

This is the one I would like to find ...

Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

Quote from: dbirchett on June 04, 2007, 08:14:42 PM
This is the one I would like to find ...

LOL, Don.  Over the years, I've seen you (and others possibly?) post pics of that capo during capo discussions.  Up until now, I never realized that that piece of rubber is supposed to be a finger! hahaha  :bgrin:

-dan
2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><

Another Shubb Delux fan here.  I have a regular version and the classical version which I use on my Gagliano (Stella) because it has a wide and flat board, almost like a classical.  Very sold well made, durable stuff.
Rob

Bourgeois Vintage OM
Larrivee D-05 MT

:+1:
Shubb Deluxe.

-Bill
...forever on the never-ending quest for TONE!!!
http://songramp.com/harptech

shubb's because they are small and don't get in way, plus easy to apply/move.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Clemenza, from the Godfather Part I

:roll
FIII LS-03 IS/Hog on the way

OM-01 (For Sale soon, anyone interested?)
Republic Guitars Resolian (for slide)
A bunch of harmonicas

kyser quick change fan.

:+1:
in His grasp,
brandon

D-60 (rosie)
OMV-50
O-60

For my dread I use a Paige. For my 000 Martin I use a Kyser. I still haven't found one that works on my C-10. Brian recommended the G7 but I can't see spending that much $$ just for a capo.

Ron
Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.

I was ordering some items from an online store and thought I might try a Dunlop Trigger Capo. I actually like it compared to the Keyser. Same basic action, because of the hinge design, tends to come down evenly across all the strings when you place it on the neck. This seems to mitigate the string bending and tuning issue that I had with some of the guitars, especially the 12 string, when I used capos. So, I guess you can change me from a Keyser to a Trigger man. I'm changing over...
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

I like the Keyser brand. I have two and a Keyser short cut capo also. It just grabs the A D and G strings.
Barry

https://soundcloud.com/barry329

2004 Larrivee OM-05
2016 Gibson J-45
1978 Guild D-55
2006 Martin D-16GT
2015 Alvarez ap66sb
2007 Seagull Coastline Folk
2004 Washburn D-10S

You just can't beat the Kitchenaid or the C-clamp Capos.   Stylish yet rugged !  OK, yes a bit cumbersome too.

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Tuffythepug

Quote from: tuffythepug on July 10, 2007, 12:03:11 PM
You just can't beat the Kitchenaid or the C-clamp Capos.   Stylish yet rugged !  OK, yes a bit cumbersome too.

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Tuffythepug

ROTFLMAO-Good one Tuffy
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29