See what I got from a trip to Sweden! (90's Larrivee content)

Started by wrig_, May 27, 2007, 01:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

First off I would like to say big thanks to everyone who helped me in my previous thread! You guys made things alot easier for me!  :donut :donut

So I went to Stockholm on tuesday and after playing many different acoustics (Martin, Fursch, Crafter etc.) for all day, it was clear that the one that really spoke to me was this 90's OM. It sounds absolutely gorgeous - the best adjective I've come up with to describe its sound is "elegant". It's got absolutely beautiful spruce top and rosewood back and sides just like my old Yamaha dreadnought. But apart from the same woods they really do not sound the same. The Larrivee has completely different character and dynamics.

It was kind of expensive for my budget and I *almost* left the shop without it. But even though I'm really out of money now I'm also truly happy with my new guitar. After having it for less than a week it has really started to feel mine. I don't think I need another acoustic in a while.  :arrow

Happy Larrivee newbie here!  :bgrin:

Here's the guitar:

What guitar shops in Stockholm did you visit and which one did you buy from?

Beautiful guitar  :thumbsup

You should obtain a manufacturing date for it from the Larrivee website, all you need is the serial and model number and they will email it to you.

Happy strumming, and  :welcome:

2006 D-03SPE-DS (NAMM)
2004 Ibanez SRX300 bass

Old Neil: I bought it from Halkans rockhouse (www.halkans.com). I also visited Twang (www.twang.se) and TipTop musik (www.tiptop.se). They all seem to be very nice stores, but when I bought a '66 Fender Showman from Twang last year I must say that the service I got from the owner was absolutely top notch!

Sap Hog: Thanks for advice! I think I'll do that right away.  :smile:

Yep, those are fun shops you went too. You can find some great old Swedish makers there too for not much money. I'm assuming you were looking for strictly second hand then. Unfortunately the price of new guitars is prohibitive due to a combination of too many stages in the distribution chain (everyone wants a cut) and the sales tax is a whopping 25%!!!
Sounds like you got a goodie though.
Next time you're in Stockholm you should visit Nysse at http://www.nysse.com/. He has a lot of Larrivée stories and a wide range of their acoustics for a small store.

Thanks for the tip!

I got email from Larrivee. My guitar is made in 1992.  :smile: