Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acoustic Pickups - Fishman  (Read 1548 times)
nasagrc

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2007, 04:24:24 PM »

Any thoughts on a nice pickup for my new D-03.  I'm thinking that the Fishman Blend magnetic would be a good choice for the money.

Please advise, if you have any recommendations on pickups of choice.  Thanks.

Larrivee D-03 - 2006 BearClaw Sitka Spruce
1969 Les Paul Custom
Carlo Robelli OMV tobacco sunburst
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 04:02:07 AM »

Any thoughts on a nice pickup for my new D-03.  I'm thinking that the Fishman Blend magnetic would be a good choice for the money.

Please advise, if you have any recommendations on pickups of choice.  Thanks.

First,  hello, I'm new to this site. Been watching for a few weeks and you look to be a nice group of people and I'm looking forward to being part of it.   

Congrats on your new D-03. I have a Fishman Matrix Natural I in my Guild D-40 and it sounds great. It isn't required but I run it through a Fishman pro-eq preamp to be able to adjust tone.  My 2 channel amp has a master equalizer for both channels and I adjust that for my mic. The under saddle pickup does require some drilling and the saddle might require some adjustment so I would recommend having a tech do the installation. My Larrivee came with a B-Band A2.2 pickup and it sounds good but the Fishman through the EQ gives infinite tone variation.

Good luck shopping,

Roger

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Dale B

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 01:05:39 AM »

I was looking at several pickups and a friend came over and had a Shadow pickup from the 80's, he let me try it for a week and I had a hard time giving it back.Well I did a search for Shadow pickups and a company called Aamps electric guitar store poped up and I ordered what I think is the best pickup I have ever tried. It is the Shadow SH 145,it is a sound hole pickup and has volume control at the sound hole,I run it thru a Marshall 50 watt amp and it sounds great.I have this in a Hummingbird copy and itsounds terrific.Check it out I don't think you will be disappointed. Also I do not have any affiliation with either Aamps or Shadow electronics.
Dale

Larrive'e D05
Larrive'e D05e
Seagal S6 Cedar
Gibson Hummingbird copy
Fender Stratacaster
Dale B

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 09:15:25 PM »

Check out this website  http://www.myspace.com/shadowpickups

Larrive'e D05
Larrive'e D05e
Seagal S6 Cedar
Gibson Hummingbird copy
Fender Stratacaster
AtlasHeating

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 11:42:50 PM »

I have the fishman magnetic blend in my OM-03R. I think it has an overall good sound. It is great if you finger pick!
It has a different voice than my other acoustic pickups. The signal is a little quiet so I bought a LR Baggs Preamp direct box. This is great.
I also own the ellipse blend (my favorite) in my Martin HD-28, and the KK pure western Mini in my L-03.  Each has it's own voice and sounds well in different settings.
Dale_I
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 12:02:34 AM »

How much do you want to spend? The K&K Pure Western seems to have quite a following. I was looking at the Power Pure combo, but decided to go to the LR Baggs I-Beam/Element combo called the I-Mix. After some talking with the folks at LR Baggs, I got a hold of Dave at Guitar Adoptions and he just ordered an M1 passive pick up and special cable (M1C3) to hook it into the I-Mix dual channel pre-amp. I'm going to try the I-Beam and M1 combo, as well as the M1 and Element combo.

According to the LR Baggs tech, the thinking is to get the full resonance from the I-Beam preferably (or the Element if the I-Beam proves to be a feedback issue) and mix in enough M1 to give the string attach and active mid/high. The special cable is for the passive M1 to combine with the pre-amp and mimics a longer cable (something like 12 feet) to bring the frequency response down from the normal passive cable. We'll see...

"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass
jambrose

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »

Congratulations on your D-03!

I got my D-03 about 3 years ago and put a Fishman Natural Type II in it. Sounds great. Also I play it every Sunday in a church service, I'm one of two acoustics ans one electric. Am very happy with the combination.

Joe

Joe
D-03
L-03
Andyroo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 10:23:25 PM »

I've got the Fishman Rare Earth HB, and it does the job nicely for me.  Depends on what you want, and how much you want to spend!  If I had the money, I'd have bought the blend, but the HB does the trick when I'm playing with the band. 

bigrin

droo

Larrivee L-03R
Takamine F349
......some electrics!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: