Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New House Concert Series- Central Texas  (Read 687 times)
whitey_johnson

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2004, 03:45:52 PM »

I just wanted to let everyone know about our new House Concert Series, if you are nearby and are interested, please see contact info at the end of the post.
   We are kicking off the series at my home at Belton Lake Saturday, July 17th.
   Shake Russell and Dana Cooper will headline, with 1 or 2 opening acts. Seating is limited to 30. There will be a $20.00 donation collected in advance.
    Attendees will bring a "finger food" and beverages of choice.
   There will be a picking circle after the show for attendees. The headliner may or may not stay for the circle.
   Future shows will be every 4-6 weeks, with the folks on the mailing list having first choice at seats. Most future opening acts will be selected from the picking circles. There may be instances where the headliner brings their own opener, or requests approval rights on the opener.
  We have some exciting acts in the works for the future, If you live nearby and are interested, please contact me by email: whitey_johnson @yahoo.com
    If you are not familiar with Shake and Dana, here's a link to the homepage:
http://www.shakerussell.com/main.html

Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 04:04:07 PM »

Lake Belton....

Boy that brings back lots of good memories.

I was stationed at Ft. Hood Texas 1969-1971. I started playing guitar at a small coffee house at Mary-Hardin Baylor College in Belton on weekends. I ended up sharing an apartment in Belton with a local musician and another GI who also played guitar. All three of us married girls from Mary-Hardin Baylor.

I moved to Austin in 1971 when I got out of the Army and my regular jamming buddies there were from Killeen.

Good times.

I should have stayed in Austin after I got divorced, but left for no good reason. I view that as a major mistake in my past life. Austin was a fun town.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 01:09:50 AM »

Hey Whitey....don't you mean "fingerstyle" food? Hee Hee.
Sounds great man, wish I was out your way.

HangFire
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 01:24:09 PM »

Welcome to the forum whitey, sounds like fun, wish I could make it.  

I love jammin in Texas, I've played Antone's, the Continental, and a few other places on 6th St. in Austin many moons ago... man I love that place. ;)  

2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: