Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: keep original part from my usa strat??  (Read 821 times)
arcterix100

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2007, 01:23:17 AM »

hey guys, this may seem a bit weird.
I own a 2002 usa strat and i upgraded the pickups and tuners to suite my taste better. Now here is the thing.. im 21 years old and plan to stick to the guitar for a long time because i juste love it so much.. Now is it worth it to keep the stock keys and pickups for an eventual sale in about 40 years.. i could then put it back 100% original..
 bigrin Kind of a long term project heh... Im just ripping with the strat now and im not that.. store it in the case kinda guy (anyways its not gaining value now) but should i just sell the pup and keys or store them...
thanks
pete

so much gear.. less and less time

-Quand se déssèchent les oasis de l'utopie, s'étend un désert de banalité et d'indécision.
    - J. Habermas
stuco

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 12:55:16 PM »

afro

Well, the strats being made today will never be as valuable as the Pre-cbs fenders.  They make A LOT of these things nowadays.  But yes I'm sure it will gain value in time so yes why not keep them.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 05:27:33 PM »

Save them.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Tycho
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 10:31:03 PM »

I agree; save them.  No one today has any idea what the market will be like 40 years from now.  Those parts may be worth nothing by then, but why take the chance?

I have a Fender Jag from the mid-'60s.  Over the years I've had to replace the nut and one of the pots and I took off the near-useless "Fender-Mute" when the rubber became completely petrified.  I've saved it all though.  The only thing I don't have is the bridge cover, which was already gone when I got the guitar.

D-03RE
D-03-12

...and several other guitars.
NotRevGDavis

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 03:42:37 PM »

afro

Well, the strats being made today will never be as valuable as the Pre-cbs fenders. 

Not true CBS Fenders are now valuable. I purchased a used '73 CBS Fender Jazz Bass in 1982 for $300. In 2001 I took it in to my local shop for some recommendations the guy behind the counter told me he would like to buy it and since I was playing more acoustic I told him I would see how much it was worth. When I went online I couldn't find one for less than $2300, I was going to sell it to him for $500 assuming CBS Fenders weren't worth much. I've also got a Ibanez Roadstar 2 from '82 that is worth a lot more today probably because of the unique cast iron 5# vibrato system that has the ability to slack the strings completely.
You never know what is going to increase in value.

Definitely keep all the original parts.

The Dude abides.

bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 03:58:39 PM »

Just keep the parts at your parents' house so you'll know where they are in 40 years.

If it sounds good, it is good.

jmb27

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 08:36:34 PM »

keep 'em ..... you never know when you'll wanna e-bay it or put it all back together.

'05 L-03
various electrics
Dr Z amps
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 02:24:01 AM »

keep.  you will regret it if you don't.  someday, you may even decide you want the stock back on the guitar.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: