Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Send the Light" - a play by Donald Shandrow (with music by dberch)  (Read 671 times)
dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:20:47 PM »

A few weeks back I was asked to do music for a new play by local theatre veteran Donald Shandrow. Well, rehearsals are almost over and performance time is here!

"Send the Light" - An original play written by Don Shandrow, the story of the REA, a New Deal program that brought electricity to Rural America is told in this compelling theatre presentation.

Featuring original music by Phil Shaw and David Berchtold (with Steve "The Harp" Mehlberg assisting on harmonica), the play deals with the stories of real people whose lives were changed forever with the coming of electricity to the rural landscape. There will be six performances: April 20, 21, 27 and 28 at 7:30p.m. April 22 and 29 at 2:00 p.m.  The play will be preceded by a short mini-concert by David Berchtold and Steve "The Harp."

Performances will take placy at the McLean County Museum of History, in the old court house, downtown Bloomington, IL. Tickets are $12.00 for general public, $10.00 for Museum and Cooperative members and $6.00 for students w/ID, available at the Court house Museum. Stop in or call 309-827-0428.

Brought to you by New Route Theatre, Illinois Voices and the Illinois Theatre Consortium.

Here is the Pantagraph featured article in the Go section from last Thursday's paper.

C-Ya 'round!

David Berchtold
Finger Pickin' Good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Rags, Roots, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
309-392-2936

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
Blue in VT
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 02:05:28 PM »

Sweet...what a fun gig...I'm guessing that you have to play live at each show...its not recorded right?  fun...I always wanted to sit in the orcestra pit!

Blue

OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: