Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warranty  (Read 647 times)
Alexrkstr

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2007, 04:42:55 PM »

I should have done this a LOOOONG time ago. Here is my question - is my warranty voided if I never sent in my card?
drathbun
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 06:45:03 PM »

Below is the warranty info from the Larrivee site. The statement "to ensure your rights" indicates to me that they suggest returning the card as a way of ensuring you are the original owner. However (and this holds true for many purchases which have a warrant card) if you can prove you are the original retail owner through a valid receipt, you are covered by the warranty and this would stand up in court.

If you still have the card, send it in. There is no time limit indicated in this warranty statement. (Unlike Rickenbacker which give you 10 days to return the card after purchase - just try an honor that when you've purchased online and it takes them 10 days to get it to you in the mail!!!)

If you have lost your warranty card, I bet you can show Larrivee your original retail receipt and have them register your guitar. Give them a call and see.

What does the Larrivee warranty cover?

Every Larrivée guitar is warranted to the original retail purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship, without time limit. Non-original owners have no rights under our policy. To ensure your rights under the warranty, please fill out and return the registration card that came with your guitar. This warranty specifically excepts wear from normal use, and damage that results from abuse, neglect, accident, or from exposure of the guitar to extreme temperature or humidity conditions. Settling of the finish is considered "normal use" and is not covered by warranty. Unauthorized repairs or alterations may void this warranty. Hardware not manufactured by Larrivée is warranted to the original manufacturer. Shipping charges to and from the authorized repair facility are the responsibility of the customer. Please contact your dealer or the factory for a return. Guitars shipped without a return authorization number with not be accepted. This warranty takes the place of any other warranty, expressed or implied. You may have other rights under local law.

Remember, the best warranty is a careful owner. We take a lot of pride in building great guitars. If we build a problem into one, we want to take care of it, but we cannot be responsible for problems resulting from mistreatment or carelessness.

2016 Martin 000-28vs 12 fret

2014 Taylor 814ce

2014 Godin Multiac Classical

2012 Gibson "The Golden Age 1930's" SJ200

2012 Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass

2010 Gretsch Electromatic G5122DC

2009 Taylor GA3-12e

2004 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

1981 Rickenbacker 320JG

1968 Yamaha FG150 Red La
dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 06:56:06 PM »

Fill out the card, and send it in along with a copy of the sales receipt from your dealer showing the date and purchase price.  You should be fine.

David

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: