Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pavan Classicals  (Read 903 times)
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2007, 04:14:30 PM »

I am considering buying a Pavan TP-30-64 classical guitar.  Anyone have experience with one of the Pavan classicals ?  I have read all the Harmony Central reviews and everyone loves them, however I am looking for an opinion from a more trusted source. 

I currently own a Lucida 777 and was wondering if anyone had played both and could compare ?

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
bearsville0
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 03:43:45 AM »

Snap! I'm considering buying one from Pavan also. I like the website and the whole vibe, plus the Harmony Central reviews. I won't have the cash for a few months so if you go first, let us know.

Incidentally my last guitar purchase was a toss up between the Larrivee L-03WL and the Pavan TP 30. I opted for the Larry as I didn't have a steel string right now and I'll make do with my cheap classical.

If it sounds good, it is good.

LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 03:55:05 AM »

Well I pulled the trigger,  today I order a TP-30-64 from Tom with a 48mm ( 1 7/8 ) nut.  Cedar top.

I'll let you know how it compares to the Lucida when it arrives in    late april...

Me -->  whistling
Wife --->  mad

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
Novalis

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 12:58:44 AM »

Me -->  whistling
Wife --->  mad

Lesson to be learned: Our wives don't want honesty. Best thing to do is stear the conversation towards shoes. Yes, shoes.

My last guitar conversation with my wife went something like:

Wife: "Hey, when did you get that?" she asked looking at the newest addition on the guitar stand

Me: "Oh, you mean that old thing? That guitar has been sitting in the closet for years. I got that quite a few years ago. I just took it out and had it set up last week. It sounds pretty damned good now"

Wife: "I don't remember seeing that before"

Me: "Oh sure you have, honey , it's been sitting behind your collection of shoes that you don't wear anymore"

Wife: "Hmmm, okay. It looks nice" she says as she walks away, not wanting to engage in a discussion of her shoe-buying habits.

Guitars: Larrivee P-05; National Resphonic Style 2 Squareneck;      National Resophonic 12-fret "B"; Dupont MD-50;
Lazy River Weissenborn; Robert Sayers custom flat-top;
Cervantes Crossover; Todd Korup banjo-uke; McSpadden dulcimer;
PRS 22 semi-hollow ltd.; PRS DC3
Amplification: RA-400; Rivera Venus 3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: