Old Crow Medicine Show fans?

Started by jwdecour, February 12, 2007, 03:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone listen to OCMS?  If you like old time string band music, you should give them a listen.  Willie Watson plays a Larrivee OM on most of their songs.  I was surprised how well it held up in the mix of all the other instruments.  If anyone is interested you can check them out at crowmedicine.com
:donut :donut2

Wagon wheel...what a great tune.  I remember seeing the video about 18 or so months back.  I had totally forgot about them when they showed up on Garrison Keilor's New Year's Eve special on PBS' Great Performances.  They sang Wagon Wheel and totally blew me away.  I bought the album a few weeks back.  Awesome stuff.

Wagon Wheel is a great song.  I have really been enjoying their newest album Big Iron World.  Lots of good stuff.  If you get a chance to see them live I highly recommend.  Always a good time. :thumb

They are talented and fun kids. I played a show at the Ryman with them some years ago, and found myself wanting to dance right out there with them to join in.  Nice to see the Larrivee in there! :thumb
Larrivee LS-10 Custom "Jesse"
Larrivee 000-50 "Emma"
Larrivee 00-50 "Dublin"
Larrivee 00-60 "Rose"
Larrivee L-03 Koa "Hula"
Martin 5-18 ('57) "Tink"
Banjitar  "Plinky"
Baby Taylor "Lichious"
Taylor GC-5 E
Oscar Schmidt OU-5 concert uke "Abalone & Cheese"
Makai MT-70 tenor uke "Kimme"
Martin M3 Soprano Uke "LJ"