Santa Cruz Om Ad/braz.

Started by NewStrings, May 23, 2004, 07:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If there is such a thing as "Guitar Lust", then, I must say, I am "lusting" this magnificant  Santa Cruz OM.       :o

Check this out!  Oh, and yes, I know the price because I inquired, so I will continue to lust.  That is all I can afford!

http://www.folkwaymusic.com/instruments/santacruz.html

NewStrings
Lord of the STRINGS * Kronbauer TDK *  Taylor 614ce  *  Larrivee LV-03RE  *  Taylor 810ce  *  Martin D-18 Custom  *  Gibson ES - Les Paul  *  Gibson J-45  *  Fender Telecaster  *  Jason Romero banjo  *   National Estralita Resonator * Muth mandolin

One of the nicest sounding OMs I ever played was a Santa Cruz.  But my Larrivee was less than half the price and is 97% there tonally.  I'll keep it.

E. Shoaf

QuoteLarrivee was less than half the price and is 97% there tonally.

That last couple per cent can be awful expensive.

Dan
Larrivee LS-10 (sold)
Larrivee parlors - satin mahog. / FQMS Special Koa / FQMS Special Braz.
Everett Laurel Dread
Martin 000-28ECB (sold)
Kopp  419 cutaway
Kopp Betty Swing #1  (sold)
Kopp 000-18 style

how much is that doggy in the window???  
another very nice guitar...i really would like to try a Santa Cruz or Goodall someday...dream on

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor

Poki- You need to grab the OO All Mahogany SCGC that I just got in!

I sat down in front of a whole wall of Santa Cruz and Larrivees. I bought a Larrivee. The Santa Cruz I found to be uncomfortable in my left hand.
Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus

Was it the shape of the neck? I thin the Santa Cruz that I played compared to the Larrivee, the neck felt different. Or at least that is what I am remembering.

Least wise, the string tension on the Larrivee seemed easier. Then again it was some time ago. Either way, I have a Larrivee and not a Santa Cruz.  

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

QuotePoki- You need to grab the OO All Mahogany SCGC that I just got in!
That's a nice guitar Dave but i'm a rosewood or koa kind of guy....that Santa Cruz Brazillian rosewood slot head OM you have is an absolute stunner...unfortunately the price is far beyond my range :(  

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor