Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I found a mint Taylor 210-E cheap!  (Read 1547 times)
djsonovox

Ignore
« on: February 10, 2007, 02:46:21 AM »

So I got it. I had credits at a store, and traded a couple little amps and got the price in cash down by half. So, I got it with no case, no truss wrench, for about $400. Not bad, when they usually cost about a grand.

Unlike a lot of low-end Taylors, this thing roars. It still shimmers, but has some real guts in the bass, and a good amount of sheer volume. So I'm happy!

The neck's good, too. Nice ebony feel and low action. The pickup seems to be a battery-powered blend of undersaddle with the neck mag pickup gizmo that they are into these days--they call it ES Blue. Huh. Blew it, they did...it is abysmal. I plan to glue in a phalanx of K & K pezo's until it sounds real. No bass at all, and sound like wet cardboard. What on earth were they thinking?

But to the real meat of the matter:

I'm a guy who likes to play and collect a wide variety of guitars. I am delighted to have scored an really fine Epiphone MasterBuilt Mahogany Dread for $325. Very rich, dark and bassy. And of course, I'm sticking with my Larrivee D-03 Rosewood, and my LC-09.

We recently acquired a Goodall Jumbo in Spruce and Rosewood, too. It's neck isn't as good as the LC-09, though! So it's out getting adjusted and customized. Nice sound, though, very pianistic. We have a MArtin D-35, and I'd like to get another for the trademark MArtin sound--I loved the David Croby D-18, but it was way pricey, even used!

There seems to be a war between Thosewho love Larrivees vs. Taylor fans. I've just been reading such posts.

I love them both! But really nice lower-end Taylors  seem harder to find, where every Larrivee has been spectacular. In fact, for consistency of playability and sound, they are matchless.

Doug Jones

Larrivee (1996) LC-09
Martin (2007) D-28
Aria AD-80
Seagull S6/Cedar
Epiphone Masterbuilt 500N
Yamaha FG-512 12-string
Eko Ranger XII 12-string, EMG undersaddle p/u
Tacoma Thunderchief bass
Vantage VS-695B Electric Bass
Rickenbacker (1986) 330-12 Mapleglo  blk h'ware
Flea Ukulele
Lanakai Bari Uke
jonlee

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 05:08:52 AM »

congrats! seems like you're gonna have to update your sig now... :)

Taylor 810ce
Larrivee OM03
??????? who knows what's next? :)
Fstpicker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 04:02:57 AM »

Wow. That's a great price on a very nice guitar.

I found my used 2001 Taylor 310 a few weeks ago and haven't looked back. Incredible sound and great action. Love the 1.75" nut width. First guitar I've ever owned with that wider nut.

Jeff

Stanford PSD10 (best Martin D-18 copy out there!)
Stanford PSD20
Walden D552 12-string
The Loar LM-400VS Mandolin
imwjl

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:28:20 AM »

Congratulations on the good price. I did find some good values in used stock locally, but they were not what I really wanted.

I could imagine that it really is nice because I tried Taylor 1,2 and 3xx's at two different shops before discovering the Larrivees.

Enjoy it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: