Takamine EG544SC-4C What happened?

Started by yohany38, January 22, 2007, 04:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I recently purchased a Takamine EG544SC-4C at Guitar Center. To me, the sound is great and especially the design of it. The onboard tuner is very accurate as well. The only thing that bothers me is how the tuner can be turned off only by not playing. (or thats what i think is the only way) I looked online on the TAkamine website and didnt find my guitar there. Also, even online in general, there werent many of them being sold or bought. I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to this model and why they discontinued it and so forth....  please help!  i'm wondering if i made a good purchase or not... or if theres something wrong with it that i dont know bout....

I'm sure it's a fine guitar, and they probably discontinued it because they have 10000 other models being made.  But your tuner issue is one of the reasons I'm so anti-fancy-technology in these areas.  While something like that may come in handy, its just one more thing to go wrong in the long run. Or maybe I'm just dull....that could be the case. At any rate, I'd try contacting thier customer service.

:niceguitar:

I just heard from a friend of mine, that they discontinued this model because there were  several built where the glue joints near the neck needed to be redone.  Shipments to Guitar Centers in the United States and Canada were affected, well not really, just giving you a hard time.  If the guitar sounds good, then you made a good purchase.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

I found a post on another forum from an owner of this guitar. He stated that it's is a limited edition for Guitar Centers only. That's probably why you can't find it on the website. I would go to GC and ask them how to turn the tuner off. It will surely eat batteries if you can't and I can't imagine that Tak would do that. Good luck and congrats on your guit.
And there you have it.
From behind the Zion curtain where the humidity is low and the taxes high.