You have got to be kidding me!!!!!

Started by jackstrat, January 18, 2007, 01:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Aaron Shearer (Classical Guitar Method dude) has released his own classical guitar strap. It includes an eye-screw to mount the strap to the guitar neck. Are you kidding me?

http://www.aaronshearer.com/htmpages/images/guitar/eyescrew_big.jpg

JackStrat

:humour:

Bet this makes playing up the neck fun.  :humour:
SD-60 SBT
O-50 TSB
OM-03 Koa
D-09 12 string
Gibson-J50
Gibson Blues King
A gaggle of ukes

THE dumbest thing I've seen in a while!
What's the book title? "Trash Your Guitar in One Easy Lesson"?

OG
Larrivee OM-03R
Taylor K12
Taylor XXX-RS
Regal RC-58TT
Regal RC-2
Chinese Yueqin

Whaaaaa ?    He could've just used a bent nail and an old piece of twine.     This has to be a joke, huh ?

So, who's going to the first to play a gig standing up with even a junk axe hanging from the self-adhesive tape on the bass (driver) side of the lower bout? And, there's no need to worry about the screw eye on the neck, because there's a gooey option there too!

Ugh!

Quote from: Old Geezer on January 18, 2007, 05:14:29 PM
THE dumbest thing I've seen in a while!
What's the book title? "Trash Your Guitar in One Easy Lesson"?

OG
:humour: I hear the title of the movie is "Guitars and Eye-Hooks, an Idiots Delight", starring Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Is that for real or is somebody playing a joke on the classical guitar world?
Nobody could possibly hate their guitar THAT much, could they?
Guitars: Larrivee P-05; National Resphonic Style 2 Squareneck;      National Resophonic 12-fret "B"; Dupont MD-50;
Lazy River Weissenborn; Robert Sayers custom flat-top;
Cervantes Crossover; Todd Korup banjo-uke; McSpadden dulcimer;
PRS 22 semi-hollow ltd.; PRS DC3
Amplification: RA-400; Rivera Venus 3

Very innovative. OK. So if he can use an eye hook in that location for his guitar strap, I can use strap locks for my screen door, right?   :rolleye:

That has got to be one of the most miss-placed application of hardware I've seen in a long time.
Larrivee OM-03R-12 string + IMix external
Martin 000-15S + IMix internal
Martin OM-16GTE + Fishman Matrix
Gretch 5120
Fender Squires - Tele & Strat

whiskeyjack:  Perisoreus canadensis.  aka, gray jay, whiskey jay, whiskeyjack or timber jay.   A small, friendly bird of the northern coniferous forest.

I love the velcro patch glued on to the lower bout. It should really increase the resale value!
2016 Martin 000-28vs 12 fret

2014 Taylor 814ce

2014 Godin Multiac Classical

2012 Gibson "The Golden Age 1930's" SJ200

2012 Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass

2010 Gretsch Electromatic G5122DC

2009 Taylor GA3-12e

2004 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

1981 Rickenbacker 320JG

1968 Yamaha FG150 Red La

Actually if you're supposed to have your thumb on the back of the neck at all times it shouldn't really affect the playing style.

And that's all I have to say about it that's good.  Ridiculous.  Fortunately their books are better.

Looks like the binding is cracking.  Very attractive! NOT!
Richard

Larrivee OM-03
Larrivee L-05MT
Martin 000-28
Martin 000-28
Martin D35
Ovation Balladeer
Fender Mexi-Tele

And that big steel buckle on the strap is just waiting to ding the guitar.
L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster

...oh no! And i was just about to order one! I'm sure glad i read this post first.

Do you really think i shouldn't randomly screw metal object into my larrivees neck?

Wow! I almost blew it there! *phew*

:humour:

...ps that strap system is sacreligious. i think i might have nightmares about it.
'06 Larrivee LV-03E
'03 Art & Lutherie Cherrywood

In all fairness, I did see a "serious" classical guitar player with an eye screw in the neck once. I think he used a conventional steel-string strap button on the lower bout. Still, ewwwww....

Maybe they should contact Esteban...... :whistling:
Larrivee OM-03R
Taylor K12
Taylor XXX-RS
Regal RC-58TT
Regal RC-2
Chinese Yueqin

:ph34r:

Or you can use the temporary setup and glue some velcro onto the guitar causing God knows what kind of problems witht the finish/coloration.

O.K., now that I've visited the website, I've made up my mind...I'm buying this INNOVATIVE solution for my Larrivee. :humour:

Actually, now that I've visited the website, this could officially be the craziest thing I've ever seen.  ...and the price....$40 for a 10-cent eye hook...wait a minute, I typed in haste...it also comes with a $6 guitar strap and a couple pieces of velcro.  SWEET! :nanadance

...wait one more minute.................Patent Pending!  Now that's a good one. :roll
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte