What would you like to see into'd at NAMM?

Started by cutaway, January 03, 2007, 06:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OK guys,  what would everyone like to see introduced at the NAMM show?  One 03 series type of thing and one upper end glossy thing. 

I'm thinking maybe an L03R with pointed cutaway,  abalone rosette and bone nut & saddle?

And for the high end,  maybe a Cocobolo back & sides with some kind of exotic spruce top and small tasteful inlay somewhere?

What's everyone think?  Let's hear what you guys would like. 

how about an 00-03 mt with short scale9.

05 claro walnut and redwood om for the upper end
more guitars than talent

P-05 IS, om-03

D-50/60 in really nice flamed maple.
http://community.webshots.com/user/fng45

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

I'd like to see a 000-03 series and a return of the florentine cutaway as an option on the upper end, but of course that would be good on the 03's too.
More than I deserve.

gloss top on the 03 line as an option

12-fret D-03 model available

news that they have stopped using Ping (chinese word for crap) tuners

I realize the Dreds probably have to look like Martins to sell. For the others, I'd really like to see a return to the classical-inspired styling of the older models.

Specifically, I'd like to see the marquetry rosettes, clear pickguards, and rosewood binding (with just a narrow contrast strip of maple to separate it from rosewood bodies) come back in a big way.

I'd like to see more 12 fret necks (long or maybe medium scale, with medium being between the Parlor short scale and the everything-else long scale).

I'd like to see the 00 come back, with a -03 model added. An -03R option would be a nice bonus, but not a hard requirement.

I'd like to see an -03 version of the LS body.

I wish I could still buy a forum guitar, or that I had jumped on the one that was sold recently. However, a Larrivee old-style discrete marquetry rosette (no Torres archery targets) instead of abalone would have been a really nice touch.

A 00-size with roughly OM proportions would be nice (wide upper bout).

Several custom builders have ergonomic options, such as making the body thinner on the bass side or beveling the bass side of the lower bout. I would like to see a Larrivee twist on something like that, but I realize it probably couldn't be an -03.

A satin neck with a gloss body would be nice.

I would love to see a short scale 000 type O-3 guitar ( not holding my breath on that happening, though ). High end? Maybe a glossy myrtlewood?
"The hardest thing in this world .... is to live in it." - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Quote from: mgbgt on January 03, 2007, 08:22:33 PM
how about an 00-03 mt with short scale9.
Quote from: sgarnett on January 04, 2007, 07:08:41 AM
Id like to see the 00 come back, with a -03 model added.

:+1: A 00-03 is just what I'm looking for to fill out my collection....and an MT... :drool: :drool:...I'm not sure my heart could handle it!

As for a higher end model I'd love to see and OM-09 FM with a Cedar top!  and the option for cedar on guitars in general again....

guess we will have to wait and see

BTW...who gets to go to this convention...is it just professionals?
I've been in contact with fingerstylist Paul Asbell about some lessons but we can't start until feb because he'll be out at NAMM demoing various builders guitars for them at their booths....sounds like it would be worth attending just to see these guys play...let alone the latest and greatest guitar creations!

:cheers

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

I have to echo the sentiment that the 03 series would be nicer with a 00 or 000 added to it.  MMMMmmm... a 00-03 spruce over sapele...that would be another fingerstyle gem in the Larrivee catalog.  That along with maybe an LS or LSV but personally, I like 'em better without the cutaway.

Quote from: Denis on January 04, 2007, 08:07:56 AM
I have to echo the sentiment that the 03 series would be nicer with a 00 or 000 added to it.
:+1:
my favorite Larrivee is the 00-60.
00 is a great size and with the 12-fret & slotted headstock. mm.

How about a pointed cutaway L-03R with Gotoh 510 tuners,  clear pickguard,  bone nut, saddle & bridge pins and cedar top?   

Maybe in the higher end, an L cut  Madagascar rosewood or Cocobolo with an Engelmann top?

A 12-fret OM-03 in rosewood or walnut.  Maybe even bubinga.
Phil

"History is something that never happened, written by someone who wasn't there."

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

Amen to seeing some twelve-frets in the -03 series.  Both a 000 and a dread.  And as long we're making a wish list, I'd love to see the 000-50 and 000-60 with 1 3/4 nuts.  Us flatpickers like small-bodied guitars, too. 
2007 Martin 000-28 Norman Blake
2006 Larrivee L-03WL
2004 Tacoma DM9
2004 Cordoba 30
1993 Stratocaster Deluxe Plus
1979 Les Paul Custom

A 00-60, 12 fret, slotted headstock, clear pickguard, California poppies inlaid on the fretboard and bridge. :drool:
Larrivee LS-10 Custom "Jesse"
Larrivee 000-50 "Emma"
Larrivee 00-50 "Dublin"
Larrivee 00-60 "Rose"
Larrivee L-03 Koa "Hula"
Martin 5-18 ('57) "Tink"
Banjitar  "Plinky"
Baby Taylor "Lichious"
Taylor GC-5 E
Oscar Schmidt OU-5 concert uke "Abalone & Cheese"
Makai MT-70 tenor uke "Kimme"
Martin M3 Soprano Uke "LJ"
A couple non descript cl

Quote from: flaggerphil on January 04, 2007, 07:42:27 PM
A 12-fret OM-03 in rosewood or walnut. 

:+1:
2006 Larrivee P-05
1971 Guild D-50
1972 Yamaha FG180

I'd like to see an unclrob signature model with a beltsander inlaid on the 12th fret and a donut for the rosette.

:ph34r:

The option of different nut widths on L body guitars

Quote from: jeremy3220 on January 05, 2007, 06:49:42 AM
I'd like to see an unclrob signature model with a beltsander inlaid on the 12th fret and a donut for the rosette.

:+1:   :tongue: :roll

:cheers

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)