Taylor Excessive Marketing?

Started by drh64, April 29, 2004, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteTim -

Your points are good ones.

But...

It's unfortunate that you feel the need to back up your arguments with such "personal" characterizations.
drh64,

Sorry. You're right. You merely asked a question. I guess I'm so accustomed to all the gleeful Taylor-bashing that goes on on internet guitar boards that I assumed it was a loaded, leading question and more of the same.

Glad I answered your question well. Sorry I went into attack mode.

Tim

I just recently sold 2 wonderful Taylor guitars which I truly miss. They were both excellent guitars. I know at sometime down the road, I will own another Taylor. I can't count the number of times I received comments about the sound of the guitars from people. They are just good guitars that some people don't like. Everyone has their own taste. That's the great thing about being different. It would be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing.  :)    
play4Him

( @ )===:::

My only Taylor purchase was a 410-CE which was a decent enough guitar for the money.I kept it 6 months and all I can say about it is the neck was one of the easiest playing I have ever held in my hands.The sound however left much to be desired.But I've since learned that it sounded like it was supposed to and there's nothing wrong with that if that's what you want.
I prefer a guitar that has some volume and low end power and that is not how Taylors are designed.Still,they are good instruments for a lot of different styles of music.
The new revoiced dreads should help them begin to ease into the BG market but that will take some time because BG players are very much tradionalists when it comes to their guitars.From what I've heard from those who have played them they do not have the power to cut through the mandos and such so it remains to be seen how far they can go in this area.
Larrivee C-10 Deluxe
Larrivee OM-50
1964 Martin D-21

I like 'em both.  I think the catalogs are pretty good.  I think the guitars are great.
Phil

"History is something that never happened, written by someone who wasn't there."

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

I agree that their catalogs are top notch.  Better than Playboy.

E. Shoaf