Bellied up soundboard & JLD Bridge Doctor info

Started by jojo, November 15, 2006, 01:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I recently acquired a '63 Epiphone Caballero which suffers from moderate bowing (upward) of the soundboard behind the bridge. I have looked into the JLD Bridge Doctor and have pretty much decided this would be the remedy I'm seeking. Before I order one, just wanted to ask if anyone has experience with this device and what are your impressions. Also, if anyone has an idea of some other remedy, please advise.
Thanks.
Jesse Brace 00
'30s Slingerland Style #5
Breedlove C20 S/MYE
Loprinzi LR-15

jojo,

I don't have direct experience with this device yet, but I can tell you that my friend, a local guitar tech, uses them on all his old guitars and customer top belly repairs, and the result is a 100% reversal of bellying. It also improves the tone by helping transfer vibration from the bridge and distributes it to the body of the guitar. All new Breedloves come with these installed in the factory, as you probably know. This thing works and I'm planning on having my friend install one in my 12 string soon.

I know a few people on here have used them, I actually started a thread about this a few months ago and got some replies. Try doing a search.

Aaron

shout 'Freebird' one more time. see what happens.