MARTIN 0-17 1934

Started by WIZARDMI, November 10, 2006, 09:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guys & Gals,

I found a nice Martin 0-17 in my favorite store. They're reputable folks, so I don't have any doubt about truth in the disclosure. Asking price, plus tax is $2,915. It sounds like heaven and feels great. I trust your opinions. Should I? My kid doesn't need to go to college, right? :?
Chuck S. Mi.

i believe i know the guitar you are refering to- it does look nice!

but since you are asking fellow addicts- below is multiple choice

a.) only you know the answer-
b.) buy it
c.) buy it
d.) both b and c

:ph34r:, J. (ihopeiwashelpful)
OM-18V

Elderly has one they are talking about it over on UMFG;
http://p082.ezboard.com/ftheunofficialmartinguitarforumfrm97.showMessage?topicID=3157.topic

feeling seems ot be the prices are finaly starting to rise on the small/parlor's (O's, 1's, 2's, 2&1/2's etc etc...)

may be the only thing you could buy, and sell again when the kids go to school and make a good return for them..... and get to play it in the meanwhile ;-)

Ta,

d.

BTW.. i paied $400 for my 54' D18, and $575 for my 49' 000-18.. think i might be able to sell them for that today?

dermot has a point...

:nana_guitar, J.
OM-18V

Prices on vintage instruments are way up over the past 18 months, and a rising raises all boats, as they say.  So as the Martin D and OM models increase in value, other lower end models, especially those from the thirties, will see a rise in value as well.  Its a good time to buy.

Too fat to fly? Might as well dance!

Amen to that, fellow string addicts!!! :niceguitar:
Chuck S. Mi.

By God, I just happen to have a pre-war 1934 CF Martin 0-17. Didnt know what it was worth. And mine's all original. (but no case, and could probably use a neck reset.)

Having just put three through private colleges I learned one thing.  There are folks out there that put extra money into antique collections, guitars for example, that appreciate in value and forget to list them on their financial aid application forms.  Nothing I would recommend becasuse it is a crime to knowingly file false financial affidavits.  But, it has happened -----
Rob

Bourgeois Vintage OM
Larrivee D-05 MT

1930s are the best Martin years (wood, braces, tone, playability, etc.)