Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for small, cheap, guitar  (Read 3922 times)
HangFire
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2006, 04:14:45 PM »

Hard to beat the Larrivee Parlour - especially a used one, no?

Especially if you're talking about resell value, most will retain their value if not go up!

2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2
JoeInLex

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 08:23:19 PM »

Update:

A&L AMI is an absolute joy to play.  The short scale length and low tension on the strings makes it a very easy guitar to fret.  As long as I don't get overly aggresive or pluck the strings too funny, the sound is quite nice for a guitar that costs so little.  I think that the fact that it is such a nonexpensive guitar has made it all the more enjoyable because I don't have to be anywhere near as careful with it and can let myself get into any playing position and location without fear of damage.

The Martin LX1's shorter scale has caused a few sour notes here and there because my fingers were more used to playing my 'standards' on a 25.5" neck versus the 23".   But the guitar is a great traveller, has more volume than I ever expected, and actually does fingerstyle relatively well.  Go figure.

Recommend both....
malone

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2006, 10:30:30 PM »

seagull grand or Ami both fit overhead both are small both have full scale both are loud.
JoeInLex

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 04:33:13 AM »

Update:

Have enjoyed playing the parlor so much that I have decided to get a Larrivee P-05.  It's on order right now.  Can't wait to get it and just have some fun with it.

AMI will be going to my brother's son.  Trying to teach him the finer points of Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 05:59:41 AM »

I see...first hit is free then you`re hooked eh.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: