Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Usage of Shubb Deluxe capo  (Read 735 times)
sunburst

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2006, 11:34:37 PM »

For the mechanically inept… Please help!

Thanks!
S.
Larrivee4me

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 02:20:02 AM »

Ever use vice grips pliers?  It's sort of like that.  Once you have the capo at the fret you want, (hold it there with your right hand) adjust the knurled screw  on the backside with the lever opened up. Every couple of turns, try to close the lever down on the neck. Too loose, adjust some more. Can't close the lever?  back the screw off a little at a time. When it's adjusted right, the lever should just close and stay put. Too little pressure will make fret buzz. Too much pressure will make it difficult to close the lever. Too much pressure is harder on frets and affects your intonation.  Once you get it you'll know.  Moving from the 3rd fret to the 7th fret for example will require a slight turn of the screw to adjust for the neck thickness.
There! Totally confused yet?? bigrin
sunburst

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 03:17:53 AM »

Thanks! I just got it adjusted and it works pretty well. Better than the Dunlop I was trying to use on the 12-string. It didn't seem to pull it so badly out of tune! bigrin
LaminateBoy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 05:29:58 PM »

For sure the Shubb is best for the 12 string. My Dunlop didn't work well with the 12-string either.

L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: