Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Yamahas  (Read 35791 times)
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2007, 10:59:05 AM »

looks nice but I can`t find any info on that 12 string...not listed in the Yamaha archives nor in my books and yet...there it is. At least you know it`s from 1977...I`d wager it`s laminate...does it say where it`s made on the label?
didymus21
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2007, 06:29:10 PM »

It is listed in the Yamaha archives if you type in: FG512

Mcilroy A30C, 2005
Yamaha FG-512, 1978
Larrivee LV-05E, 2005

Previously Owned:
Larrivee L-10 Special Edition, 2002
Larrivee Classical, 1977
Larrivee P-09
Larrivee OM-05 custom
Larrivee OM-03
Larrivee D-03R, 1997
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2007, 12:23:03 AM »

Oh OK...I used a dash...FG-512. Certainly all laminate. Most of the info I know is based on Dynamics and early classicals...I only have one FG and one LL. Still...the 512 is not inn my books...unless I missed it there too...have to look again. Very clean for a guitar that age though, looks like it was well taken care of. Red label Yamahas are all over the place here.
Plus...by archives I also mean the list of FGs I printed out from the Yamaha site...which evidently is incomplete.
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »

just scored another 1966 Yairi all solid wood. It has the same label as the one I got this week...but seems to be maple, like the 1961 Yairi I have...been looking for another but they always cost a lot...next week is a big holiday here so could be most regular on line bidders here are in transit `cause I was the only bidder.

sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2007, 09:00:45 AM »

couple of pics of the one I got Thursday...

Johnny M
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2007, 05:09:26 AM »

I've been lusting after a 12 string for a while now - I had a Guild F212 when I was in Japan, but I just couldn't get used to the chunky neck and let it go ... anyways, I just picked up a FG 230 red label Yamaha on the ebay for a song tonight and will have to wait until it gets here.  From the pictures and description, it looks to be really clean for its age and am looking forward to having some time to get to know it. 

A question for you guys now ... how would you describe Yamaha's 12 string necks?  Some reports I have seen have stated that they are "a handful", while others have said that they are slimmer and very comfortable.  Anyone with a FG 230 care to comment?

Sneaky - where abouts in Japan are you?  I was in Ibaraki-ken for 8 years before returning to Canada.

Regards
John 

...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2007, 09:10:59 AM »

see below...
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2007, 02:40:03 PM »

I've been lusting after a 12 string for a while now - I had a Guild F212 when I was in Japan, but I just couldn't get used to the chunky neck and let it go ... anyways, I just picked up a FG 230 red label Yamaha on the ebay for a song tonight and will have to wait until it gets here.  From the pictures and description, it looks to be really clean for its age and am looking forward to having some time to get to know it. 

A question for you guys now ... how would you describe Yamaha's 12 string necks?  Some reports I have seen have stated that they are "a handful", while others have said that they are slimmer and very comfortable.  Anyone with a FG 230 care to comment?

Sneaky - where abouts in Japan are you?  I was in Ibaraki-ken for 8 years before returning to Canada.

Regards
John 

Hi,
I`m up here in the sticks of Sendai, Miyagi. Nice and clean but a little on the quiet side...and just found out the Irish pub where all the local expats hang out...will soon be turned into a frickin` pachinko...like the city needs another one. I`m also a Canuckistani, from Montreal...not sure I want to live there with my Japanese wife because of the French thing but we`ll see.
Sorry...I know nothing about Yamaha 12 stringers.
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: