Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small church sound solution  (Read 718 times)
ttchen

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2006, 06:21:22 AM »

I like to get some ideas here. We have a small church that is in need of sound amplification. We have a keyboard, 2 guitars, and one mic. I am thinking of getting a small mixer and a powered speaker for everything. Do you think this would be the best solution? Thanks for the help.

Larrivee 12 Fret OM-03 Forum Guitar
Walden T550 Travel Guitar
Psalms 96 "For the LORD is great, greatly to be praised"
danerada

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 11:33:09 PM »

How big is the church? I would definitely go with two speakers instead of one. I have some JBL Eon (last generation) 175 watt powered speakers and they are great! depending ont he size, two powered speakers (preferrably 15 inch) speaker would handle your needs.

Forum II # 8 of 10
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 03:43:07 AM »

I can't say that I play in a small church, but rather a larger one. We do however have all guitars and the second keyboard going into a generic mackie 12x2 look alike (or at least it looks almost identical to my mackie). The output from that goes to a portable PA type amp which we use a monitor and also to the main mixing board.

Not certain if that helps. I paid about $300 for the mackie about ten years ago, and I think I have seen them for under a $100 on ebay.

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
chohouston

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 02:31:25 AM »

small mixer and two speakers would work great....it would be in one mix so it will sound better...

Taylor 314ce-L7
Larrivee OM-03RE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: