Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best humidifier for guitar  (Read 3135 times)
schnitz

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 05:21:07 PM »

Hi W.I.T.

I'm here in the North Star state too. I use a Planet Waves in the soundhole (like it much better than Dampit) and a soap dish under the neck. House on the farm used to be very dry; we'll see how the townhouse will be this winter. Useful to also get a hygrometer (sp?) from Radio Shack. Basically, if you can't humidify whole house or guitar room, I think that this is the way to go. Also, check our friends at the Taylor website; they have good tip sheets.

(No doubt Marty from the Podium showed you the soap dish...)

Schnitz
magnummic

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 12:38:03 PM »

I always use a soundhole and a case humidifier. I just discovered one that uses crystals and shrivels up when it needs to be filled. I think that it is made by breedlove. the planet waves is in my p09 soundhole because it has an active element. A kyser classical reides in my p03. For the case, i went to the dollar store and bought a few small tupperware type containers and some small sponges. They are about 2 1/2" square and 3/4" deep. I keep these under the headstock.

Larrivee O-01MH 2000
Larrivee P-09 EIR 2006
Larrivee P-09 BZ 2006
Martin Backpacker 2003
pickngrin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2006, 03:35:27 PM »

I've been very pleased with my Hunter that has a digital humidistat. I believe it cost about $75.

Martin 0M-28 Marquis
Martin HD-28VS
Harmony Sovereign H1260
Larrivee Bakersfield
Taylor GS Mini
Alvarez Yairi CY130
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: