Fishman Prefix blender

Started by Larrivee4me, October 11, 2006, 11:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello everyone, first time posting here. Been a Larrivee fan for a few years and currently have a rosewood parlor and a nice L-09.  I'm lookiing at an older Larrivee (pre 2000) that has a Fishman prefix blender. Any opinions on this particular pre amp? It's the one with the saddle pickup/interior mic combination. 

Thanks!
Mark

One of mine has the Fishman Prefix Pro Blend, with Matrix UST and an internal mic on the bottom of the preamp.  I haven't spent too much time with it yet, but it seems to give decent basic sound, but not incredible or anything.  The mic seems very noisy, picking up every little swish or bump, parcussive players may like this though.  I find that mostly UST with a small bit of mic sounds best.  User manual with instructions and suggested settings can be see here:

Pro Blend Manual
D-02E

QuoteThe mic seems very noisy, picking up every little swish or bump, parcussive players may like this though.

Yep, but like he says, percussive players LOVE this. I'm one of said players. IMHO, this is a very neat unit to put in your guitar. I have a Baggs dual source, UST/mic, and I love the dynamics of the internal mic. The fishman would be cool, because the controls are right on your guitar.

hope this helps,
Aaron

shout 'Freebird' one more time. see what happens.