Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Setup Guy in Seattle?  (Read 1233 times)
Rick67

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:12:54 PM »

Hey Guy's

I want to take my Larrivee in for a good setup. I've had it for about 9 months now and it needs some adjusting. Does anyone know of a reliable setup guy in The Seattle are? Preferably North of Seattle.

Thanks, Rick

Larrivee D-03R
Taylor 310CE
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 08:26:57 PM »

try these guys:
American Music
4464 Fremont Ave. N Suite 100, Seattle, WA, 98103
(206) 633-0465

Guitar Emporium
5349 Ballard Avenue, NW Seattle, WA, 98107
(206) 783-7607
http://www.guitaremporium.com

Manna Music
703 West Holly Street, Bellingham, WA, 98225
(360) 733-8090
http://www.mannamusic.com
Trent in WA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 09:13:11 PM »

I'd say the best in the area would be John Saba and Dave Haxton at Dusty Strings in Fremont, 206-634-1662.  I'm quite fond of the Guitar Emporium as a place to buy guitars, but Robb the owner's no guitar tech, so anything more involved than tweaking the truss rod and smoothing out the nut would probably get sent out.  Cat Fox is good, too, from what I've heard.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 12:03:25 AM »

I've heard nothing but great things about Cat Fox.I have heard that she always busy.Good sign in my eye's.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Rick67

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 04:18:39 PM »

I'm quite fond of the Guitar Emporium as a place to buy guitars, but Robb the owner's no guitar tech, so anything more involved than tweaking the truss rod and smoothing out the nut would probably get sent out. 

Thats funny.
Before I bought my D03R I went to guitar Emporium and played a few Larrivees. The owner had a guitar up front he was working on. I couldnt put my finger on it but he just didn't give me an impression that I would want him to work on my guitar.

Ok, so who is Cat Fox and how do I get ahold of her?

Larrivee D-03R
Taylor 310CE
Trent in WA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 02:57:03 AM »

Thats funny.
Before I bought my D03R I went to guitar Emporium and played a few Larrivees. The owner had a guitar up front he was working on. I couldnt put my finger on it but he just didn't give me an impression that I would want him to work on my guitar.

Ok, so who is Cat Fox and how do I get ahold of her?

Robb is a great guy who, it must be said, knows his limits.  I do love the the Emporium.

Cat Fox's website is at http://home.earthlink.net/~catherinefox/index.html

Trent
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 03:19:15 AM »

Robb is a great guy who, it must be said, knows his limits.  I do love the the Emporium.
Robb has at least one tech who does the serious work.  That would be Lem, who did a fantastic job on a neck reset and new frets and bone saddle on my 32-year old LoPrinzi.  So you might ask Robb if Lem can do the set up. 

Cat Fox would be a great choice.  She has #1 credentials.  She checked out a hog-top I was concerned about, at her small shop in Ballard.  Gave me her honest opinion.  But you have to get in line.  However, a setup should get you in there sooner.

Dusty Strings would be excellent as well.  There's not too many places that will let a poor picker like me play a $30k Martin (BRW Roy Rogers), albeit with staff watching me.

Play it daily for best results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: