Don Ross- RockBerra

Started by Queequeg, October 06, 2006, 02:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love his Huron Street album. Into thin Air is a fantastic song. Thanks for the link.
Larrivee O-01MH 2000
Larrivee P-09 EIR 2006
Larrivee P-09 BZ 2006
Martin Backpacker 2003

Huron Street is my favorite Don Ross CD. I was listening to it on my drive into work this morning. Lovely.

On Saturday, April 21st , Don Ross  performs at 7 :30 p.m. with doors opening at 6:30 p.m at the First United Methodist Church which is located at 22331 Woodward Avenue in Ferndale 3 blocks south of 9 mile on West side of Woodward. Tickets are available at the door for $15, Seniors/Students $10 or can be purchased online at www.fingerstyle.org.  Everyone is encouraged to purchase advance tickets due to the large turnout of Don's performance for the MFGS.

On Saturday afternoon, April 21st , before the concert Don will be conducting a hands-on workshop from 3:00pm (sharp) - 5:00pm   Space is limited, advanced reservation is required.   The Michigan Fingerstyle Guitar Society presents its workshop series in a non-competitive environment and welcomes guitarists of all skill levels.  Students can register or request information by contacting the MFGS office at 248-646-4030.  Cost is $40.

Just finished getting Michael,Michael,Michael down, man that was hard to get up to speed!!!! Still getting Loaded Leather Moonroof down, but it's getting there.
Don Ross has been my biggest guitar inspiration in years!!!! Not since Brent Mason and Danny Gatton have I had such a strong influence!!! Really gave my playing a swift kick in the arse!!!....not to mention a whole new avenue /approach to playing.
Ian
Larrivee L-05[brGitane' DG-300 & DG-250 ] 2009 Fender RW Telecaster (Barden pickups/bridge)
97 Telecaster Plus
87 Telecaster
01 Warmoth Tele

01 Danelectro Baritone
  DR.Z MAZ 38 SR,
Visual Sound Route 66/H2o[Breedlove 00 Mandolin,Banjo's,

"...never could stand that dog..."Tom Waits

Wow he is good!

Interesting how he keeps his wrist planted on the guitar top.  I also am envious of how easy he can play those harmonics. :thumbsup

Quote from: Ian on January 29, 2007, 02:58:57 PM
Just finished getting Michael,Michael,Michael down, man that was hard to get up to speed!!!! Still getting Loaded Leather Moonroof down, but it's getting there.
Don Ross has been my biggest guitar inspiration in years!!!! Not since Brent Mason and Danny Gatton have I had such a strong influence!!! Really gave my playing a swift kick in the arse!!!....not to mention a whole new avenue /approach to playing.
Ian

Right there with you, Ian!  Saw Don Ross in Vancouver like 3 years ago and was inspired like I have never been musically.   I just finished learning Elevation Music and just starting Michael, Michael, Michael.  First one I worked up was Berkley Springs and then No Goodbyes.  Still humbling to listen to him play all of it. 

If you haven't already watched all the video that Candy Rat records posted of Don Roos be sure to watch the two or three of him with Michael Manring.  Manring and Hedges played a lot of music together.  Fantastic stuff!
1986 Larrivee L-05