Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boss power supply - broken cord  (Read 528 times)
dberch
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: October 04, 2006, 08:30:28 PM »

For the past 8 months, I've been using a Boss AD-8 and the aforementioned powere supply. It quit on me at a show last week and when I had time to investigate I noticed the skinny little power cord had broken and the wimpy little copper wires were sticking out. (Can you tell I'm not happy?)

I called the vendor who sold it to me only to find out the power supply has a 45 day warranty. 45 days! Is that planned obsolescence or what? It lasted 3 times LONGER THAN ITS SUPPOSED TO, AND STILL DIDN'T MAKE IT A WHOLE YEAR!  angry

I thought I was taking OK care of it. I wrapped it up and stored it in my gig bag after every show. Am I doing something wrong? I'll stop using the AD-8 right now if I have to buy a new power supply every year. 

I know lots of folks are using Boss pedals.

Question: How do you avoid breaking the wimpy little power cord? 

HELP!
David

So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com
LawDogStrgsAttach
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 09:17:22 PM »

Not sure how to avoid breaking it, but I do know that the radio shack a/c adapter fits and works nicely with boss pedals and is probably a bit more heavy duty.

McIlroy AJ30 Sitka/East Indian Rosewood
Petros Walnut Creek Grand Concert
parsky1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 02:08:36 AM »

All wall-wart adapters have crappy cords on them.  Even the ones from higher end pedal makers like Fulltone sell them with cheap chords.

I've come to realize it's just one of those things that wears out like Tires and Brakepads 

05 Larrivee LV-05 (L.R. Baggs Imix)
03 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
99 Fender DG-24 MA
Mesa Boogie Road King II Head & Mesa Road King 2x12 Cab
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: