Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: where to buy a grevin-stlye pickguard?  (Read 1092 times)
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: October 01, 2006, 04:51:59 AM »

i have looked on the web and can find many pickguards, but not one of those small, off-to-the-side, grevin-styles. there is a thread on here somewhere showing a pic of someones OM larrivee with one of these. the look is awesome imo. cant seem to find that thread. anyway, where can i get one of these pickguards?

and....

im sure there are a thousand threads on peeling off the old clear larrivee pickgaurds as well, but what is the best course of action for doing so?

thanks
Redeemed

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 05:08:04 AM »

Hey Sound,

Are you referring to this guitar by any chance??

-dan

2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><
sfumato

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 08:05:49 PM »

i have looked on the web and can find many pickguards, but not one of those small, off-to-the-side, grevin-styles.

FQMS has them online here: http://www.fqms.com/OM_Shape_C1901.cfm?UserID=1650037&jsessionid=2c303378e545$D0$3F$F

I actually have a 30s style OM guard that I ordered from them that I originally intended to use on a Martin 00-15.  When I removed the original pickguard, however, there were "tan lines", so I ended up needing the larger 000 size Greven for it.   :<> 

I don't have a guitar that can use the 30s OM guard I purchased; it is brand new in its package - PM me if you're interested.

Hoser Rob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »

Try Luthier's Mercantile ... http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/thirdproducts.asp?CategoryName=Pickguard+Material&NameProdHeader=Tor%2DTis%99+Pickguards
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 06:00:03 PM »

Hey Sound,

Are you referring to this guitar by any chance??

-dan
yes. that is a really nice look!
Redeemed

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 04:09:16 AM »

Hi TSOAS,

Sorry for the late response.. but I got my particular pg from Maury's Music.  Ordering one of these preshaped pickguards is a risk.  Maury, himself, assured me that his Greven OM pickguards he had in stock were shaped after Martin OM pickguards.  Well when I received the Greven guard and compared it with an actual Martin OM pickguard, it was far from accurate.  The contour of the rosette didn't match, the "tear-drop" shape was a little off, and it was overall slightly bigger than the Martin pickguard. 

Anyhow, you can read more about it here:  http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=11233.msg102297#msg102297

-dan

2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: