where to buy a grevin-stlye pickguard?

Started by Caleb, September 30, 2006, 11:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i have looked on the web and can find many pickguards, but not one of those small, off-to-the-side, grevin-styles. there is a thread on here somewhere showing a pic of someones OM larrivee with one of these. the look is awesome imo. cant seem to find that thread. anyway, where can i get one of these pickguards?

and....

im sure there are a thousand threads on peeling off the old clear larrivee pickgaurds as well, but what is the best course of action for doing so?

thanks

Hey Sound,

Are you referring to this guitar by any chance??

-dan
2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><

Quote from: the_sound_of_acoustic_soul on September 30, 2006, 11:51:59 PM
i have looked on the web and can find many pickguards, but not one of those small, off-to-the-side, grevin-styles.

FQMS has them online here: http://www.fqms.com/OM_Shape_C1901.cfm?UserID=1650037&jsessionid=2c303378e545$D0$3F$F

I actually have a 30s style OM guard that I ordered from them that I originally intended to use on a Martin 00-15.  When I removed the original pickguard, however, there were "tan lines", so I ended up needing the larger 000 size Greven for it.   :<> 

I don't have a guitar that can use the 30s OM guard I purchased; it is brand new in its package - PM me if you're interested.

Quote from: dark paniel on October 01, 2006, 12:08:04 AM
Hey Sound,

Are you referring to this guitar by any chance??

-dan
yes. that is a really nice look!

Hi TSOAS,

Sorry for the late response.. but I got my particular pg from Maury's Music.  Ordering one of these preshaped pickguards is a risk.  Maury, himself, assured me that his Greven OM pickguards he had in stock were shaped after Martin OM pickguards.  Well when I received the Greven guard and compared it with an actual Martin OM pickguard, it was far from accurate.  The contour of the rosette didn't match, the "tear-drop" shape was a little off, and it was overall slightly bigger than the Martin pickguard. 

Anyhow, you can read more about it here:  http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=11233.msg102297#msg102297

-dan
2005 Larrivée OM-03
2013 Larrivée P-03 Koa

My Boss is a Jewish carpenter  <ixoye><