top cracks...

Started by sneaky, September 26, 2006, 08:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have a 40 something year old Yamaha Dynamic with a solid spruce top that has a nasty crack that runs along the edge of the bridge. There are no places here I can take it to for repair here, so I was wondering if there are any kits or sites that can help me repair it myself short of taking the top off as I`m not equiped to do that over here. Are there any band-aid fixes I could do `till I can get it repaired by a pro? It`s not my only acoustic so if something goes wrong I have other guitars to play. I read up about top cracks at Frets.com but theres nothing about repairs unless I missed it. The guitar doesn`t rattle and sounds great as it is but I`d just like to stop the damage from progressing.  Even though top cracks are not uncommon, this is my first so I`d like to read up on it before attempting a repair my self.

Calling Unclrob... Seriously, call or PM him. He's my first resort when I have a tech/repair question.

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

It very hard for me to type in a way of stablizing these cracks.Also if you could post some pix it would help.If you want to call me click on the address listed in my sign..I'd be glad to talk you thru it.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

OK...I`ll take some pics of the crack...that didn`t come out right... and post em. Thanks.