VAN MORRISSON TOUR

Started by WIZARDMI, September 26, 2006, 06:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has anyone seen Van Morrisson on this tour? I saw him years ago when he was in some sort of  contract dispute and was forced to perform to meet obligations. It was a disaster. He's always been one of my favorites, but I don't want to waste big bucks if he hasn't got IT anymore. :nanadance
Chuck S. Mi.

He's definitly still got it.  The question is whether he will being it to the stage.  He's a tempermental performer.  But if he's on, you don't want to miss it.  Plus he doesn't tour a lot.  I'll go if he comes to my area.

I've seen Van several times and it's always a great show. Even when he's being tempermental he still has it.   :thumb
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

sticker shock on the ticket price.
I saw him for fre @ an outdoor show on the campus of Antioch College back when I was young (and Van was young).

I saw Van on this tour a couple of monts ago at Jones Beach in Long Island. First time I saw him. Definitely a unique character. He had this huge stage but he took only a small portion of it and had his band; horns, guitars, keyboard, steel guitar, backup singers, all forming a U surrounding him. He doesn't talk to the audience (I heard he never does) other than to introduce the band. He played a relatively short set (90 min?) and no encores. I would say the music was good but I wasn't blown away. It seems like the band never really took off and stayed at the same energy level throughout. He did do his big hits which was a plus given he has this new all-country album out. Although he did play a few songs from the new album.