Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L.R. Baggs M1 too sensitive - other pickup suggestions?  (Read 1118 times)
seandmc

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2006, 01:14:38 AM »

Hello,
I have the M1 (passive) for my OM-02, and use the Baggs Para DI.  I find that it's much too sensitive to the guitar body, i.e. between songs you can hear the noise of the guitar rubbing against my shirt, such that the guitar guy has asked that I turn down/ off my guitar between songs with a volume pedal!  Has anyone else experienced this?  At Baggs' suggestion, I tried raising the pole pieces toward the strings and placing cork pads where the M1 contacts the soundhole, which helped a bit but not completely.  As such, I'm looking for a different pickup.  What other pickup would be well suited to my particular guitar and style (I really like fingerpicking at home through an acoustic amp, and I also play through the PA at church - primarily strumming, some picking)?  I'd like the pickup to be fairly "plug and play" and relatively non-invasive/ non-destructive to the guitar.
Thanks,
Sean
art_matters

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:11:29 PM »

Hi,

have you tried the Fishman Rare Earth or the Neo D sound hole pick ups?  Rare Earth is an active acoustic sound hole pick up, while the Neo D is the passive version.  I personally have a Neo D and it sounds great! 

Felix

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 07:46:35 PM »

If you like the sound of the M1, why not try the M1 Active?  That way you could turn down between songs.  Or any active pick-up with volume adjustment.

Larrivee OM-02
art_matters

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 09:24:16 PM »

Hi have you tried K&K's pure western pickups?  Never owned one personally but it seems like a solid pickup! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: