Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: String Swing Wall Hangers  (Read 824 times)
jcbuggs

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2006, 05:30:16 PM »

Hello All,

Since our last kids have either moved out on their own or are off to college, I am converting a spare bedroom into my own den/office/music/guitar/sanctuary room. I want to hang my guitars on one wall and was considering using these hangers. They are very reasonably priced and I think it will look pretty cool. (my wife is not yet fully convinced.)

Anybody use these? Should I be concerned about mounting them directly in sheetrock walls? Any danger of them falling? Any info or experiences appreciated.

ps -And before you remind me, yes I know that they all come back, but they cant have my guitar room!!!!!

Joe

Larrivee L03-R
Larrivee OM-09 12 Fret
Larrivee D02
Martin HD-28V
Martin D12X1
Fender Blacktop
SteveD216

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 07:04:52 PM »

I have over 20 of these on the wall in my "guitar room." Some are mounted in studs and some are mounted directly in the sheetrock. I have had some of them up over a year and have not had any problem with them coming loose or falling. They come with a pretty good sheetrock anchor. The heaviest guitar I have hanging is a Gibson Firebird VII, which I am sure tops 10 pounds and it is solid as a rock in the string swing. I will have no hesitation hanging my D-10BZ in one when I get it on Monday, in fact, I even have the hanger picked out, right next to my
L-03MTE.

Good luck with convincing your wife, my room is the basement, so I had less of an issue convincing.

One other thing, if your guitars are going to be hanging on the wall, they will be more susceptible to humidity and dryness. I use a dehumidifier all summer in my room, and we have an Aprilaire humidifier on our furnace for the winter months.

drathbun
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 07:57:19 PM »

I have most of my guitars up on wall hangers in my "studio". The heaviest is my RIC 4003FG bass and there are no problems at all. I only have one hanger that is in a wall anchor in drywall and I ensure I don't hang my bass on that one. (My RIC 360/12FG is on the opposite wall)

2016 Martin 000-28vs 12 fret

2014 Taylor 814ce

2014 Godin Multiac Classical

2012 Gibson "The Golden Age 1930's" SJ200

2012 Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass

2010 Gretsch Electromatic G5122DC

2009 Taylor GA3-12e

2004 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

1981 Rickenbacker 320JG

1968 Yamaha FG150 Red La
Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 08:48:36 PM »

I have all mine mounted to the studs.  Be sure and cover the rubber 'fingers' that hold the headstock with some sort of inert substance.  Cotton works best for me.  I made little booties with a sewing machine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: